Any company, no matter how big or small, is vulnerable to legal issues and civil litigation. You may need to sue or worse, you may get sued and need to protect your assets. You and your company need to be well-prepared for any potential legal problems.
The best way to protect your company is to use an experienced law firm who understands your needs and is there for you should a problem arise. Don’t be left unprotected – have a good civil litigation law firm on your side.
What is Civil Litigation?
Civil litigation is a broad term used to cover various legal issues involved with civil disputes, which can end up as civil lawsuits. Civil litigation is different from criminal issues in that it involves disputes that do not involve a crime. Civil litigation begins once a party initiates a lawsuit by filing a complaint against another party.
Civil Litigation Service – What You Need to Know
A good civil litigation attorney or law firm can help with various legal problems. Here are a few of the specific areas in which a skilled and experienced law firm can help:
• Purchases and Sales Contracts. Any business that sells a product or offers a service has an implied or explicit contract. Disagreements often arise on one side or the other. Don’t let a minor issue turn into a major one, or let a major issue turn into a catastrophic one.
• Fraud. The bigger your business is and the more intellectual property it owns, the greater the possibility for fraud. Fraud can cause severe damage to your business and seriously impact your future earnings.
• Service and Supply Contracts. Most businesses have at least a few contracts with suppliers or service providers. Even if all you have is a janitorial service come in and clean once each week, that service contract could be subject to disputes. Legal issues with suppliers are common in nearly every industry and require the help of experienced attorneys.
• Trademark Issues. Other companies can infringe on your trademark, your slogans, or other items associated with your company or brand. Problems can also arise with intellectual property that is stolen or copied.
• Injuries or Product Liability. If you make any products, or have customers on your premises, then you have the potential for liability issues. This is a very specific type of law and you need to have attorneys who know exactly how to handle these types of problems.
Don’t get caught unprotected – have an attorney on your side. Having an experienced and respected civil litigation law firm in your corner is just as important as having insurance. If you’re seeking representation or have questions regarding civil litigation services, contact the Krupa Law Group at 760.231.8383.